US takes security steps ahead of 9/11 anniversary

September 11, 2013 | By | Reply More

Sep 11, – The White House says President Barack Obama’s national security team is taking steps to prevent terrorist attacks related to the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on Wednesday.

hromedia US takes security steps ahead of 9 11 anniversary intl. news2Obama discussed preparedness and security with his team on Tuesday. The White House isn’t disclosing what steps are being taken but says Obama’s homeland security and counterterrorism adviser, Lisa Monaco, has been reviewing security measures for the anniversary for months. That includes a recent Al Qaeda threat that led to the temporary closing of 19 diplomatic posts last month.

The White House statement also cites the four Americans killed in an attack on a US outpost in Benghazi, Libya, on the Sept. 11 anniversary last year. White House spokesman Jay Carney says the US is still committed to bringing the perpetrators of those attacks to justice.

Press journalist for HRO media – contributed to this report.

 

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Category: International

Leave a Reply