4 killed, 40 wounded as bomb hits Pakistan intelligence agency compound
July 24, – At least four people have been killed and more than 30 injured in an apparent bomb attack on government security agencies in Pakistan’s Sindh province.
Gunmen detonated four bombs near the offices of the Pakistani intelligence agency and other security forces in the town of Sukkur, state TV reports.
Sporadic gunfire was reportedly heard in the area following the explosions.
Sukkur is located some 500km (310 miles) north-east of Karachi, the main city in Sindh province.
Up to seven attackers stormed the heavily guarded compound on Wednesday, officials said.
The gunmen seized control of one of the government buildings while another office was still under fire, according to the state-run Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV).
The roof of a third building was reported to have collapsed, with people feared trapped beneath the rubble.
Police sent reinforcements to the area, officials said, adding that it was not yet clear who was behind the assault.
There has been a series of attacks blamed on Islamist groups, including the Pakistan Taliban, around the country since the new Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was sworn in last month.
Mr Sharif, who has pledged new action on terrorism, is under mounting pressure to explain how he intends stopping the bloodshed, observers say.
Press journalist for HRO media – contributed to this report.
Category: International









