NATO: roadside bomb kills 5 troops in southern Afghanistan
May 4, AP – NATO says five members of the U.S.-led international military coalition have been killed by a roadside bomb in southern Afghanistan — the first foreign troops killed this month around the country. In a statement, NATO said the five were killed on Saturday. It provided no other details, or the nationalities of those killed.
Such information is usually released after families are notified. With the deaths, 47 members of the coalition have been killed so far this year, including 32 Americans. Three British soldiers were killed on April 30 when their armored vehicle hit a bomb in southern Helmand province.
Associated press journalist for human rights observers – Dawar Shah, reports from the region.
Category: International









